Worldteachers are working closely in partnership with the Abu Dhabi Government and their education reform programme. We are helping The Institute of Applied Technology – in particular its Applied Technology High Schools - recruit Creative Design Teachers for their secondary schools in the UAE.
The majority of roles will be to start in August 2019, and positions will be available throughout the UAE. Skype interviews will be arranged.
Please note that, due to visa restrictions, you must hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering and have at least three years of teaching experience.
Experience in at least three of the following areas would be an advantage:
University Degree in a Design Technology related subject area (Science, engineering or equivalent)
▪ Qualified teacher status through PGCE etc.
▪ Proficiency with MS Office
▪ Desirable understanding of programming languages and web designing
▪ Excellent oral and written English essential
▪ IELTS 7 Academic / 7.5 General for non-native English speakers
Here are the salary and benefits details:
(All figures are for current academic year and in AED i.e. UAE Dirhams – see www.oanda.com for exchange rates – these are under review for the new academic year 2019-20)
• A basic monthly tax free salary of 11,998 (approx. £2470).
• A housing allowance of: Abu Dhabi and Western Region - 9,280 single; 11,600 married. Other cities - 7,424 single; 9,280 married
• 42 calendar days of vacation
• Medical Insurance for yourself, accompanying spouse and 3 Children (below the age of 18).
• An annual Education allowance of 40,000 for each accompanying children between the ages of 5 and 18, up to a maximum of 80,000 Dirhams.
• An annual Travel allowance.
• A Relocation allowance up to 20,000 will be given upon joining (50% on arrival, 50% after completion of probation period).
If you are interested in the opportunity to move to UAE, please apply TODAY.