Worldteachers are working closely in partnership with the Abu Dhabi Government and their education reform programme. We are recruiting for Mechanical and Electrical Engineering teaching roles within the Applied Technology Schools, run by the Institute of Applied Technology and ADVETI.
The schools offer career-based technical education at secondary level and have state-of the-art facilities and excellent support services.
You will be offered offer a unique professional experience and be part of the ambitious development plan to enhance technical and vocational education in the UAE. You will be working with an international staff teaching national students in Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12. You will benefit from the technologically advanced environment and be part of a team of faculty members, coordinating assignments and projects in the students’ chosen discipline.
The majority of positions will be to start in August 2020. The schools have campuses throughout the UAE, but at this time most positions will be based in Abu Dhabi or Al Ain. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Please note that, due to visa restrictions, you must hold a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and have at least three years of teaching experience.
Here are the salary and benefits details:
(All figures are for current academic year and in AED i.e. UAE Dirhams – see www.oanda.com for exchange rates)
• A basic monthly tax-free salary of AED11,998 (approx. £2500).
• A monthly AED housing allowance of: Abu Dhabi and Western Region - 9,280 single; 11,600 married. Other cities - 7,424 single; 9,280 married
• 42 calendar days of vacation
• Medical Insurance for yourself, accompanying spouse and 3 Children (below the age of 18).
• An annual Education allowance of AED40,000 for each accompanying child between the ages of 5 and 18, up to a maximum of AED80,000.
• An annual Travel allowance, covering annual return flight to home country.
• A Relocation allowance up to AED20,000 will be given upon joining (50% on arrival, 50% after completion of probation period).
If you are interested in the opportunity to move to UAE, please apply TODAY.