We have an exciting opportunity available for an enthusiastic Secondary Physics Teacher to work at a highly reputable British International School in Qatar starting in August 2022.
Qatar International School has a long and illustrious history, tracing its roots back well over 40 years, and enjoys working with extremely supportive parents and wonderfully enthusiastic and highly motivated students. A full 3-18 school, it follows the National Curriculum for England and Wales up to GCSE at Key Stage 4 and A Level at Key Stage 5. It is now one of the largest British International Schools in the country, and was judged to be outstanding in every area assessed in its most recent inspection.
The school recognises that its teaching staff are its most precious resource and so always strive to look after staff both professionally and personally.
Qatar offers a welcoming, vibrant and cosmopolitan lifestyle that is equally suited to both young and older members of the profession alike. Proud of its hospitality and rich Arabic history, Doha is a very modern city of contrasts ranging from the fascinating Souq Waqif and Museum of Islamic Art to the towering skyscrapers of downtown West Bay and the ultramodern shopping malls that are liberally scattered across the capital city.
Package and Benefits
- Competitive tax-free salary (dependent on experience).
- Free private, furnished accommodation with all utility bills paid and on-site gym and pool.
- Generous paid annual leave.
- Comprehensive private medical insurance for Qatar and home country, plus international emergency cover (also offered to dependent spouse and children).
- Annual return flight home.
- Two free school places for sponsored staff’s children.
- End of service gratuity, enhanced for long-servers.
- Additional freight allowance at beginning and end of contract.
- World-class training and development opportunities.
- A friendly, supportive environment in one of the best British International Schools in the world.
- Unlimited sunshine in the World Cup 2022 host nation – consistently crowned one of the safest and wealthiest countries in the world!
- You must be a fully qualified teacher with a relevant degree (e.g. a BEd in Physics OR a BSc Physics (or a closely-related Science subject) & PGCE / PGDE).
- Recent experience of teaching Physics under the National Curriculum for England to KS3 & 4 is essential; KS5 teaching experience would be an advantage.
- Extensive experience working in a similar school environment and raising outcomes for students of all academic levels.
- Keen to develop your career, supported by our world-class professional development opportunities.
- Genuinely love what you do – showing enthusiasm, creativity, and energy.
- A real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile, spread positivity, and support your colleagues as the school reaches their goal: to become the best International School in the world.
The school can consider applications from outstanding newly qualified teachers (NQTs), whom they can support through to award of Qualified Teacher Status.
If you would like to be considered for this vacancy, or would like to find out more information, please apply today!