SENCO Teacher – August 2018
We are recruiting for an outstanding, enthusiastic and adaptable Special Needs Coordinator from August 2018. The successful applicant will have at least 2 years teaching experience in an English National Curriculum School and have a relevant degree in Special Education or a related field.
The group name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. It is a well-established primary school with an excellent reputation within the community of Abu Dhabi. The school is one of the oldest international schools in Abu Dhabi, growing considerably over the years.
The school is the founding school of an expanding group of schools and academies, which are aiming to be the best providers of education in the Emirate. We recruit the very best teachers who can deliver our curricula in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner. The school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
Our special needs coordinator will have a crucial role within the school as we need to support our students to fully prepare them for their next steps into secondary education. The successful applicant will need to be sympathetic to the ethos and values of the school, a school with a high population of Emirati/Arab students and be able to adapt their teaching to meet the needs of our students so they make rapid progress.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
· Excellent knowledge of the English National Curriculum at EYFS, KS1 and KS2 level and current assessment practices
· Experience of using data systems for school improvement, student tracking, intervention, Target Setting, Assessment, Recording & Reporting
· Strong emphasis and desire to be outstanding in teaching and learning
· An ability to nurture and get the best out of people including using performance management systems
· Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
· Confidence in using IT to motivate and extend students’ learning experiences
· Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to get the best out of ‘our’ students
· Commitment to whole school initiatives and the school improvement cycle
· Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise
· Competitive salary (tax free)
· Furnished Accommodation (including utilities)
· An initial two year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
· Medical insurance cover
· End of service gratuity
· Visa arranged by the school
· Other benefits according to experience
Please apply today for further information.