Vocational education and training prepares learners for careers that are based in paraprofessional or practical activities, related to a speciﬁc occupation or vocation. The learner directly develops expertise in a particular vocation.
Vocational education includes a diversity of occupations including retail, information technology, business, travel and tourism, hotel management, hospitality, ﬁnance, medical, property, paralegal, environment, health, safety, design.
Learners develop skills to enable them to be proﬁcient in the workplace. These skills are occupational skills, industry skills and essential skills.
Essential skills include: workplace literacy and numeracy Information technologies, self-management, workplace health and safety, problem-solving and decision-making, oral and visual communication, relationship management, life skills and lifelong learning.
WHY WORK AT ADVETI
- A unique professional experience for staff
- A chance to work with staff from any background
- A chance to share your experience and gain new ideas from your work colleagues who come from many countries
- A chance to be part of the UAE government’s plan of advancing their vocational and education training program
- Employer provided housing, medical insurance for yourself and eligible family members, mobilisation costs (for staff – locating from another country), end of services benefits, and repatriation back to your home country (for eligible employees)
- A tax free environment with no income tax payable to the UAE government (but you need to check your home country taxation status and obligations)
At ADVETI we value our staff and hold our values seriously. We believe that together we can make a difference in the lives of our students and in the community. We hope that applicants take these into consideration when applying in to join our institute.