School of the Nations
The School of the Nations is located in Taipa, Macau. It is currently housed in its custom built building, with general classrooms, state of the art auditorium, gymnasium, science and computer labs, as well as specially designated art, drama and music rooms. School of the Nations is Macau’s only International Baccalaureate World School.
Our student population of about 450 students, represents a variety of nationalities, backgrounds, cultures, religions, and races. About 70% of the student population is from Macau while the other 30% is from about 35 different countries.
The expatriate families represent the worldwide search and recruitment of specialists and experts needed by the private and public sectors of Macau for their continued expansion and development. For this reason, the School of the Nations has received the full cooperation of the Education Department, the Economics Department and the Department of Immigration.
Today, the school is known as the original international school, and has succeeded in providing a quality internationally oriented English medium educational program that meets the needs of many expatriate families as well as local families.
Working at School of the Nations
As Macau’s first international school, and the only one currently offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, we seek teaching staff who are:
- Motivated by our mission statement
- Truly care about the academic and personal development of the students
- Believe in the need for continuing professional development
- Practice working with parents as partners
- Possess the personal values that are aligned with our values and those of the International Baccalaureate
- Our inquiry-based teaching and learning practices help our students to make connections with the world around them. We seek dedicated staff who create the type of academic and social environment which allows students to fulfil their potentials
To qualify for a teaching position, applicants need:
- Teaching qualifications
- Previous experience, student teaching or substitute work
- Experience in an international setting
- Strong interpersonal skills