Worldteachers is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and adaptable Chemistry Teacher to start in March 2023 with a British International School in Abu Dhabi
The recruiting school opened in 2014 and are part of International School’s Partnership (ISP), which have 44 schools around the world. They offer the National Curriculum for England from ages 3 to 18, including IGCSE at Key Stage 4 and A Level at Key Stage 5.
The school continues to grow with over 1650 students from over 60 different nationalities. The teachers facilitate the learning of the students in their care, developing as confident risk takers and planning carefully to ensure all students make good progress through inquiry based innovative activities.
Facilities include computer suites, innovation rooms, science labs, an extensive multipurpose sports hall as well as a state-of-the-art swimming pool. Students enjoy learning through a cross curricular approach reinforcing the context and location of the school as well as encompassing national agendas such as My Identity.
The school is completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees.
- BEd Chemistry OR BSc in Chemistry + PGCE, PGDE or similar
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience (full-time)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong skills in the use of IT to support learning
- The ability to innovate, excite and motivate children and colleagues
- UK curriculum experience (particularly of Pearson IGCSE curriculum) is preferred
- The candidate should be able to teach A level Chemistry
- Competitive salary (tax free) dependent upon experience
- This contract can be changed into a full time contract depending on the performance of the teacher (renewable by mutual consent)
- Your own furnished accommodation
- Medical insurance cover
- Annual air fare allowance
- End of service gratuity
- Visa arranged by the school
All new staff will be subject to criminal background checks, covering the last 10 years, identity checks, qualification checks, three satisfactory references and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment.
Apply today for further information and to arrange an interview ASAP.