Worldteachers are working with a prestigious group of British schools in Dubai who have a requirement for a Design Technology Teacher with Graphic Design experience to start in January 2022.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a school rated 'Outstanding' by the Dubai Schools Inspection Bureau. If you are an experienced Design Technology Teacher with UK curriculum experience up to GCSE/IGCSE and A Level and experience of teaching Graphic Design, and are able to relocate as soon as possible then we want to hear from you!
The school is an educational community centred around positive outcomes for young people. The school’s vision and values embrace the challenges of academic excellence, responsibility and leadership, emotional awareness and participation in a wide variety of activities within and beyond the classroom.
The school's value, ‘The Best by Every Child’, highlights the way they work, both during and beyond the school day. Through their value ‘British Heritage, International Perspective’, they cover the English National Curriculum and Examinations and the majority of their students are British; however, they mix with a tremendous array of 60+ nationalities, ensuring cultural knowledge, appreciation, and understanding is at the heart of everything they do.
The package on offer is extremely competitive and includes the following benefits:
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Initial 2-year contract, renewable on mutual agreement.
- Free annual return flight for employee.
- Free medical insurance for employee.
- Accommodation provided in 1 or 2 bedroom apartment or equivalent housing allowance if required.
- Visa sponsorship for employee (employee may sponsor spouse).
- Education package provided for up to 2 children.
- End of contract gratuity payable in accordance with UAE Labour Law.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with Design Technology or Art and Design (or a closely-related subject) as the sole or significant focus, preferably at 2:1 or above.
- PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification in Design Technology is mandatory.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience at Secondary level within the UK or in English curriculum schools is preferred.
- Experience of teaching to KS4/GCSE is essential. A Level experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in teaching Graphic Design is essential.
- Experience in delivering Product Design to KS5, Resistant Materials to KS5 and/or Graphic Products up to and including KS4 is desired.
- Experience in delivering iGCSE Design and Technology is also desirable but not essential.
If you would like to apply to this role please attach your CV including details of your availability to start a new role. Zoom interviews will be held in the coming weeks.